Friday 7 May 2010

Been Playing With My New Henbury Lane Goodies...

Hi! Hope you are all well, and have had a better week than I have.
My Children have been unwell. What with that and a leaking washing machine, I haven't had a minute to myself this week....until teatime today that is, so I thought I'd have a play with my new Henbury Lane goodies.
I ordered them online earlier this week. The papers are GORGEOUS!...but I am so disappointed with the stamps! I ordered the large wooden tea cups one expecting it to be a lovely outline that I could colour with my Copics/Promarkers/Distress Inks etc. But it's actually a solid picture when you stamp it out. I tried it with a few different inks, and in the end opted for Memento London Fog, which meant the image was not too dark. Then I spent ages going over it with Promarkers. There was not much clarity to the image, no clear outlines, so it took ages and was quite painstaking to get a neat finish. I highlighted the finished image with my Signo white gel pen.
I also used a large 8x8 scalloped card blank, my Martha Stewart embossed scallop punch, ribbons and a lovely teapot charm.

I also ordered the 2 clear sets of Henbury Lane stamps, and although I haven't had chance to play with them yet, they appear to be the same 'solid' images rather than outlines. Boo hoo!

Well, that's all for now! But tomorrow is a brand new challenge over at A Gem Of A Challenge, so I will be uploading my DT card in the morning, all being well.
Thanks for stopping by...bye for now!
Jenny x

19 comments:

NGCARDS said...

Just read on docrafts about your dissapointment with the stamp, you have managed to make it look really good tho :) xxx

kay said...

would never have guessed as you have done a amazing job with the stamp and your colouring,x

Little K Smith said...

You've done a lovely job with this stamp! Gorgeous papers too, I need these!
Kelly.x

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Its Beautiful Jenny, I would never have realised the problems you had. Hugs Debbie x

Sarpreet said...

Hi, Absolutely gorgeous card - thank you for telling us about the stamps as being a solid image and not a outline. Therefore I will be returning mine x

Twocrafty said...

gorgeous creation, I love the colours. You've done a fab job with the disappointing stamp and it looks lovely.

tracy x

Susie said...

Well, Jenny, I think the tea cups look fab! Love the colours and the white gel pen addition really makes it look more real - fab charm too! Susie x

Poppet said...

All the effort was worth it Jenny. This card looks stunning. All the shading and highlighting details are great. I can see these cards are only going to go to someone very special. :-) xx

Noreen said...

Wow! What a stunning card. You have done an amazing job with the stamp, despite your disappointment with them (why don't they think what you will be wanting to use the stamp for!) Noreen x

Pamela said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the colours. Shame about the stamps, although you would never know looking at your work as it is stunning.
Pam x

coops said...

well you have certainly made a really cracking card hun.just love the lush papers and the image really was worth all your hard work.i can`t understand why they keep making these solid stamps, we want outlines!!i hope your children are better soon.luv coops.xx

Teresa said...

I just read on do-craft that you were not keen on this stamp because it was solid, well you've done a brilliant job of it, this card is gorgeous. I tried leaving a comment on do-craft but its taking forever as its so slow, so I thought I'd pay a visit here instead. Take care. Teresa xx

Carol said...

It is really beautiful. Love the colours.
Carol from Cyprus

Di said...

Its a beautiful card Jenny, you've done a lovely job with the stamps and those papers are gorgeous. I hope your children are feeling better now, my two have just got over their bug so I know what you mean about not getting a minute!

Irena said...

Veru pretty card, I like the colors :)

Meg Owen said...

I love your card althogh the stamping must have taken ages. I bought the Bluebird stamp and the set with Hydrangeas and just don't know where to start as I was also expecting lovely clear outlines to colour. Mo xxx

jenny webb said...

wish i had seen your blog before i brought mine yesterday, i will not be recommended these to anyone

jenny webb said...

forgot to say how beatiful your cards looked, i was still venting about the stamps.

maria said...

Fantastic card - well done. I have today brought the bird stamp and the clear stamps - I am also disappointed that these are solid stamps both clear and wooden block - wish now I had not bothered but as I have used them (not the bird one) I guess I am stuck with them. I also brought the outline stickers but not very good as it takes ages to get the die cut out - any one got any ideas on a card to make with these - lost me inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails