Sunday 16 May 2010

Chloe In The Rain (plus challenges!)..

Hi all! Hope you're having a good weekend?
My girls slept at their Nana's last night. Although the boys are still here it's amazing how much quieter it is when you take two out of the equation.
As it is quite calm here today, I've had some time to play!
I thought I would try paper piecing this adorable Chloe In The Rain stamp from Pink Gem Designs.

The pretty floral paper is some I had a while back in one of those 'pick n fill' paper boxes. I thought the tiny pattern would be ideal for this.
I also used Promarkers; Denim Blue, Henna & Tan,
& various Copic skin tones.
Other ingredients;
Kraft Card (Elzybells)
Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch,
Big Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Pink Gem Designs),
Lace & twine (Quixotic Paperie)
Buttons & Flowers (from stash)
I will pop this card into the following challenges;
Totally Gorjuss 'Round & Round' (for the nesties & buttons.)
Colour Create KHAKI, AQUA, BROWN and CREAM plus Circles (the buttons)
Cute Card Thursday#112 'Someone Special'
Well, I am off to cook lunch now. No roast dinner for us today. I have got some rump steaks I am going to fry, with potato croquettes, mushrooms & grilled tomatoes.

Bye for now!
Jenny xx

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Jenny
Wonderful card! I really love that colour combo and your paper piecing looks fantastic. But now I'm hungry and it's nearly 11pm here!! Your lunch sounds delicous!

Lizzy said...

HI Jenny, stunning card from you again hun ~ fab colour combo & layout & I just luv your paper piecing (really must give it a go myself)
it all looks ace...luv it! xx Lizzy xx :)

Enjoy your lunch...sounds yummy :)

Di said...

Jen, i can smell those steaks from here! your card is really lovely.gorgeous colours together and chloe looks fab in her flowery outfit. Di.

Irena said...

Great card, the papers that you used are incredibly beautiful, the image is very sweet, the whole card is gorgeous.

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card - love it all, dinner sounds good too... x Susan x

Mina said...

stunning card Jennifer...perfect paper piecing on that cutie...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge and DT call...good luck
Mina xxx

Little K Smith said...

Another gorgeous creation Jenny, adore the colour combo and fab paper piecing too!
Kelly.x

coops said...

gorgeous card jenny, love your image and the paper piecing is fab.lush colour combo and love your fab layout and the flowers and buttons.luv coops.xx

Carol said...

Stunning as always Jen! Luv your colour combo and lo. The paper piecing looks so good, will need to give it a bash sometime hehe. Oooo I'm jealous, sounds like you had a fab lunch, now you've made me hungry lol! Lotsa luv xxxx

Poppet said...

Great card, great paper piecing. Hope you enjoyed your lunch, it sounded delicious. :-) xx

jenny said...

Just stunning! Love the paper piecing and the colours are gorgeous x

Jenny xx

Sheila said...

Beautiful card - love the colour combo! Steak sounds lovely too - sorry I am too late to come and eat with you! Sheila:)X

SueB said...

Wow! another really beautiful card!
Suzie xxxxx :)

Vicky said...

Hi Jenny!!
Another beauty!!, great colours ans layout,
Love Vicky xx

Pam said...

Jenny,
The image is adorable and I love the floral paper you have used for the umbrella and rain coat!
Beatiful card!
Hugs to you,
Pam

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Wow Jenny this is stunning - must try out paper piercing, it's a great effect. Hugs Debbie x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is adorable Jenny.
luv
Debby

Lavender Rose said...

Wonderful card. The paper piecing is perfect!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet girl Jenny, a lovely card, I like the buttons special. LG Andy

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jenny, fabulous paper piecing on the image great colour choice also
Hugs
Sarah xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails