Monday 17 September 2012

Overdue!!...

 ....my card's overdue that is....not my pregnant Sister who I made it for. She still has another few weeks to go yet. 

I thought this fab DigiStamp Boutique image 'Blooming Lulabelle' would be very apt for her Birthday card as seen as she's seven months gone..  

I made it weeks ago and should have blogged it sooner....but with  my Brother being in hospital, the hospital visits, not to mention the worry, I haven't been blogging much of anything.....or commenting (sorry!) I'll give you a full update on my Brother at the end of my post.


I coloured Lulabelle using my Copics.


Papers; My Mind's Eye - Dwell


Other Ingredients;
Lacey Oval Nesties from Pink Gem Designs,
X Cut Scallop Punch,
Corrugated Card,
Bias Binding,
LOTV sentiment tag stamp,
Papermania Relations Sentiment Stamps,
Craftwork Cards Sentiment,
Various blooms & Shimmer Dots.


Anyway, many thanks for all the kind well wishes regarding my Brother. As I explained just over a week ago, he was rushed to hospital after collapsing, and had to be resuscitated after stopping breathing! He was then in intensive care in an induced coma on a ventilator. We were lead to believe a possible heart problem may have caused his collapse. When he regained consciousness it was discovered he had Pneumonia! So he was put on intravenous antibiotics for a few days in hospital before being discharged into the care of our parents. So he's had to move in with them for a bit...he's still quite unwell.
He will be followed up regarding the possible heart problems. He's only 34!

Meanwhile my little man has a nasty sick bug (yuk!) he's only done one full week in his new reception class and has managed to pick something up! I just hope the others don't get it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Jenny xx

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card Jenny and glad to hear you brother is on the mend.
luv
Debby

Jacki Daniels said...

Such a sweet card your sis will love it and so glad your brother is on the road to recovery must have been awful for you all
as for your little own oh the joys of being in full time school they pick up everything that goes round but he will soon get used to it and and they tend to pick up less then
Jacki xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer,such a lovely image and colours.xxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny. I love the image and your colouring is beautiful.
I hope you brother continues to make a good recovery, it must have been such a worrying time for you all.
I hope you son is better soon too.

Take care
Hugs Sue

coops said...

so gorgeous jenny.fab sweet image and i love your pretty colours.
pleased your brother is back home and i hope he is better really soon.also sending get well wishes to your little man.

xx coops xx

Mojca said...

Oh this is so cute and just love the image. hugs! Mojca

Mojca said...

Oh this is so cute and just love the image. hugs! Mojca

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Jenny,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Love your card, very pretty and such a cute image,xx

Berry said...

Jenny this is such a lovely card in beautiful colours I bet your sister loves it.
I hope your little man is much better soon with the nasty bug and I do hope your brother is making good progress now.
Big hugs Rebekah xx

Christine L said...

Hi Jenny... what a fab card for your sister... love the layout and colours you've used with that GORGEOUS image!!

So glad to hear your brother is recovering well.... what a scare!! I've heard of lots of pneumonia cases just lately... seems it's quite prevalent again - but hope it's left no lasting damage!

And hope your little one is feeling better too soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hope your brother is on the mend soon. Scary times but hopefully they can sort him back to full health quickly.

...and WOW...this creation is truly, truly fabulous!

School bugs - grrr

xx

melsanford said...

Beautiful card! I love the image and the gorgeous colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Anonymous said...

I just love this one Jenny, the colours and layout are gorgeous! So glad to hear your brother is on the mend too!
Helen x

Donna said...

Stuunning card Jenny, a really pretty design and I love the arrangement of flowers :) Donna ♥ x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails